July 23, 2011

Fear

Phobias, we all have them.  Fear of spiders, fear of heights, fear of failure.  That last one is a doosie and I faced it today.  Today was my first weigh in at Curves.  Above all else I fear failure.  What if I don't loose any weight?  What if I have gained weight?!  What if all the work I have been doing has been for nothing?  Ah, fear, a wonderful emotion.  Oh!  Wait! An emotion?!  Can I hide from that in a box of cookies?? No, I will not let fear keep me from my ultimate goal.  There are other ways to measure success than numbers on a scale.  So what if I didn't loose 5 pounds?  Loosing 1 pound or even .5 pounds is a victory!  I could also loose inches.  I already feel better about myself and my life.  I have already had people comment on how good I look.
I can let fear that something might happen keep me from my goal or I can move past my fear and accept that I may not have lost as much weight as I would like but I still have successes.  Also, I have to remember I have only, really, been at this for about a month.  A realistic goal for a month is about 4 pounds ( 1 pound a week) lost, 8 pounds at the most.  I didn't put on 100 pounds in a month, or two months, or five months, and I won't take it of that quickly either.  I can do this.  I will do this.  I don't have to fear failure, heights though, yeah still fear those!


Update:  I lost 5 pounds, 4.5 inches (total), and 1% body fat!

No comments:

Post a Comment