July 6, 2011

All about you!

I have been trying to loose weight for about 10 years now and in that time I have discovered a few things.  The main one is that if you are trying to loose weight for someone else you will most likely fail (at least in my case).  For years my main reason for loosing weight was the fact I wanted to look like what society said an attractive female should look like.  I wanted to look like what I thought guys wanted a girl to look like.  Then I found a wonderful man who loved me even when I felt unlovable, who desired me even when I didn't feel desirable.  So then I thought well, maybe I don't really need to loose weight.  Then I got pregnant and I thought, Oh now I will loose weight for the baby!  I did ok while I was pregnant and then I had a very healthy baby boy... and maintained my pre-pregnancy weight AHHHHH!!!!!  Now, for some this would be a cause for celebration. Yeah!  Pre-peggers weight back!! Not when you weighed almost 300 pounds BEFORE your pregnancy.  So, finally here I am 10 years later and not  pound lighter (in fact, quite a few pounds heavier actually) and I've finally decided I want to loose weight for ME.  I want to loose so I will be happy, healthy, joyous, and free.  And, in doing this for me I will end up doing it for my family as well.  Weight loss is a very personal  and individual journey and your reasons need to be very personal, individual, and ALL ABOUT YOU!  
And thus concludes the first A entry of the ABC's of weight loss :)

No comments:

Post a Comment