July 11, 2011

Conflicting Information

I know what I need to do to loose weight.  However, knowing and doing are two different things (pearl of wisdom from my mother).  For me I know I need to change the way I eat and i need to be active.  It can be so frustrating though when you are trying to find information and it all seems to contradict itself!  Grrrr....  For example, there is an ABC of weight loss on WebMd and the B is Breakfast.  Just about every expert agrees that breakfast is a good idea.  The conflict comes when you talk about when to eat breakfast.  Some say no later than an hour after waking and some say wait longer, even workout, before you eat.  Sometimes you just have to do what is best for you.  I can see the benefit of eating within an hour of getting up.  If you have eaten dinner at 7:00pm and maybe a snack at 8:00pm and you wake up at 5:00am you have gone 9 hours without eating!  I can also see the benefits of waiting.  Especially if you are not hungry right away.  Another area of conflict I have found is what, exactly, is the correct weight?  Recently I did a post about BMI.  According to my BMI I should weight around 118-155 pounds for a healthy BMI.  However, my goal weight according to Curves is around 194-177 pounds.  Grrr....  My solution for this is to first reach the 194 lb. weight and see how I feel.  If I feel I need to loose more than I will.  For me, weight loss is not all about the numbers I see on the scale, it is how I feel in my clothes and in my own skin.
All in all I think the best thing to do is research but take what you find with a grain of salt (not literally :)  ) and do what is best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment