July 11, 2011

Counting Calories

I figured I'd do a bonus C since I didn't post yesterday :)  So, counting calories...  I recently posted about The Calorie Cost and provided several calorie counters on line.  A friend of mine recenlty told me about a calorie counter you can get on your phone too.  I personally have the Droid and the App is called My fitness pal.  I have been using it for 2 days now and I use it like a points counter.  For those of you not failure with Weight Watchers they have a points system where based on several factors you are given a certain number of points to use in a day and every food you eat is assigned a certain number of points.  For example, lets say you are allotted 50 points a day, your eggs and toast for breakfast could be 10 points, the Big Mac you have for lunch would be 30 points, etc.. things like water and apples have no points, you can eat as many as you want.  This app is sort of the same way.  You input how much you weigh and how much you want to loose, for me 2 pounds a week, and it calculates a number of calories per day.  As you eat you input your food into the program and is subtracts the number of points.  You can also input water intake ( 0 calories) and exercise (which actually increases the number of calories you get a day).  I think it will be a good tool we will see if it pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment