July 12, 2011

Defeat

It is so easy to feel defeated when I try to loose weight.  When I think about the many times I have tried and failed to loose weight I feel defeated and depressed.  It turns into a nasty cycle of defeat.  Here is usually how it works:  I get lazy and forget to workout or eat fast food or eat too many calories--- I feel guilty so I eat more--due to more eating I gain weight---eat more because of guilt---gain more weight---give up working out and trying to loose weight all together.  And on and on until I just balloon back up to my original weight, or higher.  This has been the cycle for the past 10 years, or more since High School.
Today I have to realize that there will be bumps in the road and I will mess up every once in a while.  However, messing up doesn't have to mean giving up.  I can only be defeated if I allow myself to be.   Tomorrow is always a chance to change, a chance to do better.  Heck, the next minute is a chance to change and do better.  So, even though I may have a bump in my road to weight loss I will not be defeated this time.  I've already gotten over one bump in the road, the period of time when I fell off blogging for  a few months.  That could easily have been the latest defeat and I could have stopped trying then because I felt so guilty about not keeping up with the blog.  But, I didn't allow that to happen.  I got right back on and started right back up again with the blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment