July 8, 2011

Boredom


I can't count the number of times when I was a kid I said "I'm bored!"  My mom would always reply "If you are bored I'll find something for you to do!"  Usually that something was house work and I quickly found something else to occupy my time.
Now that I am an adult I still face periods of boredom.  Now, however, I don't have my mother standing over me threatening.  I have to be very careful during these times because otherwise the thing I will find to do is eat.  Usually the time I find myself being bored is late at night.
The main way I have to fight boredom is to fight laziness.  I can sit on the couch all day and be bored and eat simply because I am too lazy to get off my but and actually DO something!  Now a days, most of the time, my philosophy is to do the next right thing.  Sometimes that means cleaning house, sometimes working out, sometimes sleeping but it NEVER means eating!  I will only eat when I am hungry NOT when I am bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment