January 12, 2011

My Body : My Temple :: My Home : My Castle

My body is my temple as my home is my castle and up until recently I haven't been acting like it!  I use to always think if I was going to take pride in my home then I had to own it.  I mean, what was the point of taking pride in it if I didn't own it?  Over the years of being out of my parent's house I have realized that the point of taking pride in my residence, even if I don't own it, was because I had to live there and if I didn't take care of what I had why should I be blessed with anything more?  So, I do take pride in my house.  Even though I know I'm not going to be here the rest of my life I'm going to enjoy it for the time I have it.  So over the weekend we picked up, rearranged, and hung pictures on the walls.  It feels so much better to come home now!  I don't need to wait till I own a home to feel at home!
For a long time I did the same thing with my body.  I don't have the body I want so why bother making it look nice at all?  Why bother caring what I looked like?  Why buy nice clothes?  Because, in the end they were going on my body and I didn't like my body.  Now though I do take pride in the way I look.  I buy nice clothes because I like them.  I buy clothes that flatter my body even with my size.  And, in doing this I have started to feel better about myself.  I have started to have more self confidence.  Because of all of this I'm finding weight loss easier for now and now is all I'm worried about.  I guess Fake it till you Make it really does work!  Faking feeling/looking attractive is slowly leading to Actually feeling/looking (to me) attractive.  I don't need to wait till I am ,what society calls, attractive to feel attractive!

No comments:

Post a Comment