January 16, 2011

Baby Steps

Well, my hubby wanted to order pizza tonight.  That was cool with me because I didn't really want to cook myself.  However, I didn't want to ruin my diet or our budget!  So, I ordered 2 small pizzas:  one pacific veggie with  Roasted red peppers, spinach, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and black olives with feta and provolone cheeses on a Parmesan asiago crust and one America's Favorite Feast pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms, and sausage; and cheese sticks.  I ordered that instead of what I usually/use to order:  2 LARGE America's Favorite Feast Pizza, Cheese sticks (sometimes two orders), a 2 liter of coke, and sometimes even boneless chicken buffalo wings!  When it got here I only had ONE piece of cheese bread, not 2 like usual, and three pieces of a small (not a large) VEGGIE pizza!  Definitely steps in the right direction :)  And for desert strawberries, bananas, blueberries, honey, and Greek Yogurt!

1 comment:

  1. You're in the right tracks for improving your life (and budget) by carefully choosing what you eat. If you would let me take a moment of your time, I have an idea that I believe would help in your goals.

    Humans were put on earth without stoves, processing plants or grocery stores. People walked around and ate what they found. If someone decided they wanted to eat beef for dinner...grab a rock and chase the cow down! Breads were unheard of...eat the raw corn, wheat, barley, and rices. Vegetables and fruits were easier to catch than meats, so the people not looking to work for their food ended up with these. Remember this while you're ordering your pizza, stopping by KFC, or at the store. If you HAVE to have the good stuff, eat half of what you would normally and walk away. If you're still hungry, there's always easy to catch fruits and veggies!

    Glad you made this decision for your life! I'm sure your children will love having their mom around in their later years!

    ReplyDelete