August 4, 2011

Lazy

A couple of posts ago I listed a few first impressions some people had of obese people.  One of those impressions was that obese people are lazy.  Am I lazy?  YES!  It has taken me DAYS to write this post!  I have been completely unmotivated these past few days.  I have been working out this week though.  Today was workout 22 at Curves!  :)  I think anyone and everyone is lazy at times regardless if they are short, tall, thin, or fat.  I think the key is not to be lazy all the time or in all aspects of your life.  I see no problem with being lazy some days.  We all deserve some down time.  Today, for instance, I have been pretty lazy, I took a nap from about 9:30 am - 1:00 pm.  After my nap I did go workout though and as soon as I got done drafting this post I cooked dinner  So, not an all day lazy day.  I am finding it is more and more difficult to be lazy ALL DAY LONG since I have been going to Curves more!  I have much more energy now.  My guess is that the reason obese individuals are perceived as more lazy than the general population is because we have less energy.  Energy begets energy and movement gives you more energy in addition to the food you eat.  When I eat junky, unhealthy, foods and I don't move around I get lazy.  When I eat right and move more, even when I don't want to, I am less lazy.  I know it can be hard to get off the comfy couch to walk or exercise.  I know it can even be painful at first  But just DO it!  You will feel better afterward I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment