October 2, 2011

Progress not Perfection



There is a saying that goes "We claim progress not perfection" and that is so true for me!  I have defiantly made some progress in the last few months.  Since June I have lost roughly 24 pounds!  This is an awesome success for me.  Now, the trick is to keep it up!  I really have to watch myself and keep my larger goal in mind.  My ultimate goal, right now, is to get to 194 which means about another 50 pounds.  This is a very delicate time in my weight loss because I have made great strides and I can't let that go to my head and get complacent thinking, "Oh look how great I have done I can totally quit now and eat like a mad woman!!"  And, I can't let the fact that I still have 50 pounds to go get me discouraged thinking "Look how far I still have to go it is impossible!!"  This is a balancing act of progress.  I have made progress, I feel better, and I look better.  I NEVER want to go back to where I was before I started this journey!  I know I can make progress, it is possible to get to my goal I just have to keep making progress.  
I know I am not perfect, I know I will make mistakes on this journey, I may even gain some weight somewhere along the way! :(  But as long as I make PROGRESS I will succeed.  Even if that progress at time is 2 steps forward and 1 step back it is still progress.  So far that has not bee the case, all my steps have been forward (and downward) :) but I'm not stupid enough to think this will all go smoothly and that I will never have a back slide.  I have to prepare myself for that or that will be my downfall I know it.  Just have to keep making progress.  I don't have to be perfect at this, I just have to keep making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment